View Single Post
Old 7th June 2021, 09:32 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

MV5BMTU1ODkzMDY4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTA1MzY5._V1_.jpg

Special FX master Roland Tyler is hired by a government agency to stage the murder of a high ranking mob boss who is about to go into witness protection. Once the murder is staged the agency double crosses Roland and now there is a hit on him and now he must use his skills to save his life and find out what is really going on.

F/X is a great film with plenty of action and suspense its pretty fast paced with little to no filler just pure entertainment. There are some great ideas and the use of Rolands FX work is brilliant and clever but the start of the film has to be Brian Dennehy i love him in every film he is in he has so much presence and steals every scene he is in he had a bit of everything in his performances he can be light hearted or hard and nails taking no shit from anyone and we get a bit of all that here. It had been years since i last saw F/X i had both of them on VHS so it really brought me back watching this again and it was just as much fun as i remembered it i will definitely go back to it again.

Also a great tune for the final credits so 80s.

8/10