View Single Post
Old 10th August 2021, 06:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Logan Lucky

Quirky Comedy which sees brothers, Channing Tatum and Adam Brody team up with Bomber, Daniel Craig to rob a Racetrack during a big race. Entertaining during the planning and robbery stages, not so much during the other aspects.

Stillwater

Matt Damon is the Father of Abigail Breslin who is imprisoned in Marseilles for Murder. Whilst over there, he teams up with a single mother in order to investigate the case. They went for a Drama here which in turn results in some serious lulls in the film. They should have gone for the Thriller route.

Zola

Story based on a series of Tweets, which sees 2 Pole Dancers go to Florida where they end up in Prostitution. Done in a Arthouse/Indie sort of way, I really don't know what to really make of it, I didn't dislike it but it's not one, I think I will watch again. The characters were either unlikeable or stupid (Why would anyone go on a Road Trip with someone you only met 1 day before?)

On the other hand, the Cinema advertised Pig (I need top see some reviews first) and Censor (Which should be good, if it doesn't go all weird)

Truman Show

Jim Carrey is the unwitting star of a 24 hour TV Show where everything is orchestrated. Really good film and watching it again recently, I noticed some new elements which enhanced it (Such as the product placements)

Rush

Story based on the rivalry between James Hunt and Nikki Lauda. I don't like Motor Racing but I really enjoyed this film (Which is a testament), it was so entertaining and thrilling with great performances by Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhel.

Baywatch

Film starring Dwayne Johnson and Zac Effron which is based on the 90's TV show, which sees the Lifeguards investigate a Drugs Ring. I watch certain films not expecting to watch the greatest film ever but want to be entertained and dodgy CGI aside, I was entertained by this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ll.jpg (16.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg s.jpg (10.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg z.jpg (8.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg ts.jpg (13.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg r.jpg (13.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg b.jpg (14.8 KB, 4 views)