View Single Post
Old 13th August 2021, 10:29 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Jurassic Park (1993)

Still a terrific movie with a second hour which is a brilliant piece of sustained tension from Steven Spielberg.

The DTS seven channel sound mix took this film to another level entirely.

Short Sharp Shocks (2020)

The Lake (1978)

This was more like it. A beautifully filmed supernatural tale about a pair of young lovers who picnic by a lake which unfortunately for them shares it's horrific secrets.

The best looking film in the set. This was genuinely good.

There's also a twenty minute interview with star Julie Peasgood. Such a wonderfully enthusiastic lady. She talks lovingly of The Lake and also of House of the Long Shadows in which she co-starred with Vincent Price, Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing and John Carradine. If Fabulous Films don't have her all over the special features on their upcoming Blu-ray then they are missing out big time.

I did watch The Errand (1980) The final film on the disc from David McGillvray which was so instantly forgettable i can't actually remember it. Whilst a forty minute interview with the man himself was more memorable and entertaining even though i rarely agree with what he he has to say.

All in all Short Sharp Shocks was pretty poor. There's only really The Lake i could envisage returning to.