View Single Post
Old 4th September 2021, 01:10 PM
Cult Addict

My favourite is Batman Returns, then Batman, Batman and Robin and Batman Forever last.

Keaton is really good as Batman i feel, but Catwoman's costume and The Siouxsie song swing it for me, and the darker tone.

I went off the original but Jack Nicholson's Joker is pretty twisted and more like the 70's/ 80's comic version i grew up reading and last time i watched it i thought it was really good.

I don't mind Carey as the Riddler in the 3rd film as he reminds me of the 60's TV version, but I can't stand Two face, he should have been more twisted and restrained, instead jones just goes over the top with the character.

Batman and Robin is not a good film by any standards but i watched it alot with my daughter as a kid so i have a soft spot for it, it's enjoyably stupid. Schumaker's films are definitely based on the style of the 60's TV show.

I think Burtons films are closest in tone to what i want from a Batman film, dark underneath but still absurd and twisted. They are comic films after all.

I do like the Nolan films but i feel they are too grounded in reality and serious, he seems ashamed that they are superhero movies, to be honest the thing that most represents the Batman that i grew up with are the console games, specifically Arkham City.

That's the film i want to see.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.