View Single Post
Old 16th October 2021, 08:39 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Think i'll go get my amulet from this film, surround it with candles and see if i can invoke some nunsploitation when i give it a rewatch.

One i used to own on vhs as well as that rather sexy NoShame box set.

@Frankie - You should really try and see Don't Let Them In. I bet it's so down your street your bins are outside.

Same goes for the wonderfully original Hellions.
Thanks for the heads-up re 'Don't Let Them In', think I'll give it a whirl.

Already a big fan of 'Hellions'.

I'm always moaning about this, but I can find far fewer good, weird indie / microbudget horror films out there these days, whereas ten years ago there seemed to be a glut of that kind of thing. I suppose streaming has a lot to answer for - maybe all the stuff that would have been there on DVD back in the day is tucked away on Prime or some place I can't be bothered to explore fully. It could also be that the explosion of found footage stuff and emulation of 'jump scare' approaches that worked in the mainstream have turned a lot of indie to drivel. Looking at my shelf, three quarters of it is plush 70s/80s/90s blu ray re-releases - nice, but a bit sad considering reviewing new obscure stuff used to be my mainstay. So, to cut a long story short, yeah any recommendations along the lines of the films you mentioned are always welcome.