View Single Post
Old 21st November 2021, 11:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

Not funny. Not scary. Inoffensive. Quite unremarkable.

It had a sort of lighthearted music playing all the way through the film, and the ‘farm town’ location gave the film a warm orange glow during daytime scenes - think of something like National Lampoon’s Vacation. But because it’s a kid’s film it gave it the vibe of a kind of made-for-tv Disney movie from the 70s/80s. Something cheap and nostalgic that they’d show on tv after lunch on a bank holiday.

It’s funny reading the other reviews already posted to this thread - I *did* enjoy Answer The Call. To me, Answer the Call felt fresh. The cast were the contemporary SNL stars, just as the cast of the original were. The humour was modern. But I also love the original movies too. I love The Blues Brothers (prefer it over ghostbusters, actually), but I’ve never given Blues Brothers 2000 the time of day. I suppose some films have their own place in our hearts, and it’s hard to accept anything we see as a substitute or alternative - something we see as a threat to the memories of the good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think part of the problem lies with the fact when they reboot or sequel a film that’s years old, leaving a gap of 25 30 yrs , if gap was shorter like 6 / 7 yrs guess wouldn’t be as bad, but their just trying to revive nostalgia, like when they try bringing things back like Rubik cube.