View Single Post
Old 12th February 2022, 09:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Eddie

Really fun Whoopi Goldberg Film in which she becomes the Head Coach of the struggling New York Knicks Basketball Team. Whilst it follows all the usual clichés, it does them really well.

Bloodsucking Freaks

A Theatre Show Producer and his assistant basically torture Women in ways that are quite creative.

Remember first coming across this whilst it was being shown on The Horror Channel and couldn't believe what I was watching. Got the Troma DVD of this and whilst I'm not sure if it got released for Rental and if it did I'm surprised that it didn't end up on the Video Nasty List or that 88 Films got released for Blu-Ray.

Salo

What to say about this one other than if The Fun House got banned, then based on the content, it's a no brainer that if it was around on Video during the Video Nasty Era, then it should have had it's own feature on Nucleaus's Video Nasty Definitive Guide inbetween Nightmares In A Damaged Brain And Snuff.

I do know how it managed to avoid being banned and it's quite ludicrous and I watched it with the English dubbing. I'll give it that it did lead to a crescendo at the end and that there was no happy ending.

Dragnet

Wanted a nice palate cleanser and after Mrbarlow's recent review, this got the call as it was a favorite of mine when younger (Watched it many times after taping it when it was shown on BBC 1) and it's easy to forget that Tom Hanks starred in Comedy Films in the 80's. Still really enjoyable with good performances from Christopher Plumber and the Actress who played The Police Commissioner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e.jpg (10.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg bsf.jpg (13.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg s.jpg (4.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg d.jpg (14.2 KB, 4 views)