View Single Post
Old 24th February 2022, 11:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
My lack of loving of rock from this time period was probably due to it no longer being a comfortable zone.

In the late 80's early 90's i could guarantee two or three new albums per month that i'd want to buy, be it from classic bands or hair metal or thrash.

The mid 90's did away with many of those bands for years. What came next was a more diverse style of record, one that wasn't always (or ever) verse, chorus, verse, chorus, guitar solo, verse, chorus and fade out. Which although alien at the time now stand up as great albums.

I feel really shit not putting October Rust as #1. My Girlfriend's Girlfriend was one of my main getting ready to hit the town songs.
I'm going to listen to October Rust while I walk into town now, it wasn't a favourite of mine when it came out, but I do appreciate it a great deal these days, Red Water being my favourite song. Rewind 3 years though and Bloody Kisses got played out haha, I think I wore the tape out, also if I remember correctly it was one of those annoying albums where Side A was much much longer than Side B so you have to spool it back to listen from the beginning again

Triumphant sight on a northern sky