View Single Post
Old 6th April 2022, 09:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mr. Sardonicus. 1961.

A cruel Baron sends for a brilliant doctor to travel from London to Gorslava and help restore his face that is frozen with a grin.

After being recommended this film and Mr Dem's review, this did peak my interest and curiosity from the mind of William Castle who gave a decent introduction in a fog clagged surrounding of London sets the tone of the film nicely.

Aside from having a beauty contest in the basement and the "Punishment Poll" these were the only downfall to this film for me. From when me meet Sir Robert Cargave played by Ronald Lewis performing his method of muscle relaxing and stimulating to receiving a mysterious letter from a recluse Baron Sardonicus played by Guy Rolfe, who wants his face restored. It's more half way through we get the back story of Sardonicus and what he keeps in a locked room that makes it more suspenseful. The dark gloomy atmosphere is done perfectly, set in a Gothic style house in the middle of nowhere. This was highly entertaining and best watched in a low dim or no lights on.

original_1961_columbia_pictures_uk_british_poster_artwork_william_castle_mr_sardonicus.jpg