View Single Post
Old 5th June 2022, 10:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Wind (1986)

Aka Edge of Terror, this thriller from Nico Mastorakis is and i won't deny it even though i love it, an odd beast. Set on a Greek island during high winds it's a bit Gothic horror, a bit slasher movie and a bit Euro weirdness.

It has a neat atmosphere to it but when it all boils down not an awful lot happens other than Wings Hauser chases Meg Foster around for an hour. The windswept island and general strangeness always keep me enthralled then when you add the national treasure that was Robert Morley to proceedings it becomes a true winner for me.

I can see why others may not really have the same love for it though.

I've also watched a couple of old favourites over the last couple of days in Easy Rider (1969) and Withnail and I (1987). Two very different films and yet two strikingly similar ones as well. Similar in that they are about two friends who leave their familiar surroundings and find themselves in inhospitable lands so very foreign to them even though they never leave their respective country.

I've reviewed both multiple times in the past and both are in my top twenty films of all time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2gtswwg.jpg (61.8 KB, 5 views)