View Single Post
Old 6th June 2022, 09:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thor: Ragnarok

One of my favorite Marvel Films which sees Thor have to defeat his estranged Sister whilst escaping a planet run by Jeff Goldblum. Loki and Incredible Hulk also have large roles.

Thor is my favorite character in the Marvel Universe and Chris Hemsworth plays hi to perfection. This Film is so entertaining with it's humor as well as great performances. I know that I've gone on about Marvel fatigue, but I'm looking forward to Thor: Love & Thunder.

Reservoir Dogs

Quentin Tarrantino's debut sees the aftermath of a botched robbery and the looking of a Mole in the criminal's camp. In 1993 this was so different to what was being released at the time. Also the banning of the Film helped it's status as well, was the banning due to the violence or was it to do with similar events in real life at the time?

I remember taping off Channel 4 back in the day (Oh the memories) and I quite liked it, watched it many times. I then bought the VHS on sale from HMV and didn't like it as much, I began to think it was overrated compared to other releases around that time. Watched it again and I quite enjoyed it again.

Very weird lol.

Arachnophobia

Jeff Daniels is the new Doctor in town and some of the local residents start dying after a new breed of Spiders hitch a lift inside of a Coffin after a Photographer dies in South America. Julian Sands and John Goodman co-star.

Haven't watched this in many many years and after reading that Blumhouse and The Director of Freaky were doing a remake, I fished out the DVD and watched it as if it was new (I had completely forgotten everything that happens) and I had a great time, it was so entertaining. I think it helps that the Spiders were of normal size and it had tense moments. Can't believe it still got a PG certificate on DVD, thought it would have got a 12.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tr.jpg (11.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg rd.jpg (13.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg a.jpg (12.0 KB, 4 views)