View Single Post
Old 28th June 2022, 06:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 240851

During a break in at on old womans house the thieves find an ancient lamp but inside there is a Genie that escapes and kills the 3 intruders before returning to the lamp for the next person that runs the lamp and makes a wish. After the investigation on the house is complete the lamp makes its way to a local museum to be studied. The daughter if the museum owner tempers with the lamp and releases the genie but instead of granting wishes he possesses the teenager. While on a school trip at the museum she invites some of her friends and boyfriends to spend the night in the museum but this isn't some regular sleepover she only has murder on her mind.

I was pleasantly surprised by this one i wasn't expecting much at all especially when it started and the acting was so bad and i think the voice track was out of sync for some of the characters not all just some or maybe there discovered a very rare type of bad acting that tricks your mind into thinking they are out of sync

Even while i was watching this i couldn't exactly pin point why i was having so much fun with it i mean most of the kills the camera cuts away to a blood splatter i think there was maybe one time i saw a full kill without any cut away and that was nothing special but still it took nothing away from the fun. At times there was some great music and some great use of colour mainly during the kills the makeup effect looked pretty good and the Creature/Genie was pretty decent too so im surprised they didnt show the kills a bit better.

Fun film despite its short comings.
One of my favourite films, yeah it's got bad acting in it but a pleasant surprise of a film