View Single Post
Old 29th June 2022, 07:04 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I watched Obi-Wan Kenobi over the last couple of days and thought it was very good. It begins with a brief recap of the first three films (Episodes I-III) and features a fine performance from Ewan McGregor in the title role. His Kenobi is often quite melancholy and the relationship has with the 10-year-old Leia Organa (an impressive Vivien Lyra Blair) is very engaging.

It probably won't sit well with some Star Wars fans but, for casual viewers of the franchise who aren't emotionally invested in the films, it is well-written and skilfully made entertainment.
I was totally with it until the fourth episode. Where the undercover Empire woman was giving instructions to Obi-Wan within earshot of others yet she wasn't challenged over it. Also it was so obvious that someone or something was under that trenchcoat. I found it hilarious that no Empire personnel could notice (despite being on high alert). I could be wrong but I don't think I've even ever seen a similar Empire coat in all these years of Star Wars content. Making them stick out even more. Earlier in that episode, I had asked my wife, "How are they going to get out of there?" The writers had obviously written themselves into a corner if that's the only thing they could come up with. btw I'm currently watching season 3 of The Boys which is really good - highly recommended.

Last edited by SymbioticFunction; 29th June 2022 at 08:55 AM.