View Single Post
Old 5th July 2022, 03:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Man On Fire. 2004.

Former C.I.A agent John Creasy takes on a job of bodyguarding a 9 year old girl Lupita , when she is kidnapped Creasy wages a one man war on those responsible.

This one I have always liked with Denzel Washington playing the lead as a hard drinking agent who nowadays won't be trusted looking after a pet let alone a 9 year old girl until he sobers up and goes on a warpath. There is a good character buildup with Washington and Dakota Fanning who manages to break the barrier on Creazy.

Christopher Walken plays the old agent friend Paul Rayburn who helps Creazy get the job and seems guilty about what happens and tries to help. Walken's performance in a film is always great to watch, even in this describing Creazy as a artist in death to Giancarlo Gianni is brilliant to see what a character we are watching. Radha Mitchell and Marc Anthony play Lupita's parents who may know something or hiding information on the kidnapping.

Director Tony Scott is able to give a prologue of kidnappings and then just takes a slow and not boring build up of things and manages to make tense moments more gritty with a man looking for answers and will dish out pain happily.

51RY39CY14L._AC_.jpg

Have a great day all