View Single Post
Old 5th July 2022, 09:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 240944

Paul and his mother move to a new town where Paul has been invited to work with Dr. Johanson. Paul is a genius un robotics and has developed his own robot he calls BB. Paul installed artifical intelligence in BB who has time goes by he no longer is relying on Paul's commands but he is starting to learn for himself and becoming more intelligent and independent by the day. On Halloween night while out with BB Paul and his friends decide to pull a prank that goes wrong and BB is destroyed as a result which is a disaster that leads to something even worse when Sam Pauls friend and developing love interest is killed by her abusive father. Paul comes up with the idea that he can bring Sam back the same way he gave life to BB but obviously this is a terrible idea.

Bloody hell how have i not seen this before. I was hooked from the first scene when BB chokes out a would be car thief. I really like the story yes its just Frankenstein of the 80s but its still a great tale. The start of the film is more of a buddy film showing the development of the friendship between Paul Sam Tom and of course BB and eventually the romantic relationship that was starting to blossom between Paul and Sam that is cut short before tragedy strikes. The last quarter of the film has some great make up effects and some great kills especially the basketball kill was funny and bloody as hell and quite satisfying considering the victim

I have to give a special mention to the soundtrack there is some seriously great scenes that are given a totally different vibe when the music kicks in. I will have to investigate if there is a release somewhere.
You can put this in the how has this not received a UK release pile?

I've only seen it because I found a old Ex-Rental VHS.