View Single Post
Old 8th July 2022, 08:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Who Framed Roger Rabbit. 1988.

A private investigator and who hates toons, is the only person cartoon character Roger Rabbit can turn to for help when he is accused of murder.

I got no idea what made me return to this film, I haven't seen it in ages, this is like a lot of films we enjoyed from Disney, a mix of live action with cartoon that director Robert Zemeckis was able to ring to the screen with a very large budget at the time.

Bob Hoskins plays the hard drinking private detective Eddie Valiant who hates toons and we soon know why is paid by cartoon producer R.K. Maroon played by Alan Tilvern to spy and take pictures of Jessica Rabbit voiced by Kathleen Turner playing "Pattycake with Toontown owner Marvin Acme played by Stubby Kaye.

Christopher Lloyd plays the local Judge, Lloyd's performance can be good and terrifying at the same time when his true character shows, talk about giving kids nightmares for life. This was one of those films I worn out on VHS and probably the dvd as well at some point. After not watching it for a while I forgot how funny it can be.

who-framed-roger-rabbit-poster.jpg