View Single Post
Old 20th July 2022, 10:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Get Him to the Greek (2010)

I think it's seeing the cover with the obnoxious Russell Brand and Jonah Hill that turns me off immediately. I only really bought this on Blu-ray as a spare case seeing as i had the film on dvd anyway.

However I always forget how funny this film actually is. Hill plays a put upon Record label guy ordered by his boss (A really funny Sean Combs) to get British rock star Aldous Snow (Brand) to the Greek Theater in LA from London in two days.

What follows is a riotous trip across the pond taking in Las Vegas as well. The opening scenes set the tone as Brand performs a cringe inducing new song 'African Child' (Think Borat style cringe inducing here) which promptly bombs sending Snow on a downward spiral of drink, drugs and more drugs which PR guy Hill gets the brunt of.

There are gags galore, some killer cameos - Snow doesn't take kindly to catching Metallica's Lars Ulrich in bed with his ex (Rose Byrne) "Go and sue Napster you little Danish twat" he yells at him, and some awesome tunes (Ramones, Mars Volta, The Clash, Goldfrapp, The Stones, Sex Pistols...)

Always amusing and at times pretty laugh out loud funny although some of the humour is very close to the bone and may not be amusing to all. I really had a good time watching it again on Blu-ray.