View Single Post
Old 11th August 2022, 02:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

One of the best action movies of the 90s , here Cage plays a army Ranger whom accidentally kills a man and is sent to prison , nine years later he's released eager to meet the daughter he has never seen, but the plane he's on is highjacked by some of the worst criminals on the planet led by Cyrus the Virus ( John Malkovich) it's up to Cage to stop them along with help from John Cusack FBI agent we also have Steve Buscemi as deranged psychopath who for some reason I wanted to escape . A none stop action flick. Lots of shit definitely blows up.
I showed this to my wife last weekend. Every ten minutes she'd point and say, "I've seen him before!"

She rooted for the badguys because they just wanted to escape. She really liked Cyrus because he was realistic about issues, and he really hates rapists (interestingly, when Cyrus notices an unconscious Johnny 23 handcuffed, he doesn't care enough to inquire, or release him). She wanted the badguys to get away in the end.

She was especially delighted with the ending...

"Yay! He got away! I liked him a lot!"

"The guy who murdered all of those kids?"

"... Yes."