View Single Post
Old 18th August 2022, 08:23 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Death Walks on High Heels (1971)

You'll find more red herrings here than in a North Sea trawler net as director Luciano Ercoli teams up for the first time with star Nieves Navarro.

Navarro, billed here as Susan Scott, plays an exotic dancer who believes her boyfriend may be plotting to kill her for some stolen diamonds. Scared she runs off with a doctor (Frank Wolff) to England, or at least a coastal part of Italy pretending to be England. However it soon becomes apparent that she is still being stalked at her seaside English retreat.

As much a bizarre love triangle between Scott, Wolfe and boyfriend Simon Andreau as anything, Ercoli's film twists and turns in the greatest giallo traditions with the excellent Scott at the centre carrying the film beautifully whilst decked out in outrageous seventies chic trying valiantly to escape the clutches of a voice boxed, blue eyed razor slashing madman.

I watched this again for the first time in years to see if i should upgrade my dvd to Blu-ray but the answer is no. The NoShame dvd looks stunning as it is.
So, despite my last sentence quoted above i watched this on Blu-ray last night after buying the limited edition Luciano Ercoli box set a while ago.

Great film, so twisty turny from the mid point on. The kind of Giallo where you can watch it a few months apart and still find new things to entertain or in this case bamboozle you.