View Single Post
Old 18th August 2022, 10:41 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Really not sure how that would work. Please excuse my ignorance as well. But Doctor Who plots can be convoluted with techno babble enough without the Doctor having to speak it in sign to his companion / friend.

I've never seen her in Eastenders so cannot comment at all on that but i assume slanging matches across the bar at the Queen Vic would be quite different to saving a planet from the nibble pibbleys who have evil machinations of piloting the Earth through a black hole in order to reverse the polarity of the cosmos and undo the Flux.
I have no idea what level of deafness she has, but Tim Barlow, who played Tyssan in the 1979 story 'Destiny Of The Daleks' lost his hearing in the 1950s when testing a high velocity Muzzle Rifle for the British Army. It wasn't until 2008 (almost 30 years after he appeared in the show), that he received a cochlear implant which resulted in him regaining some of his hearing

More recently, Sophie Stone played Cass in the 2015 stories 'Under The Lake' and Before The Flood. She was deaf from birth, and didn't develop any form of speech until much later in her life. She was also the first ever deaf person to be accepted into, and trained at RADA - the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art - in London

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty