View Single Post
Old 5th October 2022, 09:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Vampire In Brooklyn

Horror/Comedy Directed by Wes Craven and starring Eddie Murphy as a Vampire who travels to Brooklyn by Boat (Slight vibes of the Zombie Flesh Eaters opening) in order to find a fellow vampire (Angela Bassett) who is a Police Detective. He is also assisted by an Assistant who he turned into a Ghoul. It's not bad, certainly has it's moments.

Remember seeing the Trailer on Barb Wire and Executive Decision, whilst in the Cinema but never got round to seeing it.

Nightmare At Noon

After a unknown organization (A.P.E) deliberately contaminates the water supply of a very small, middle of nowhere town (With futuristic looking technology) the locals, who drink it, end up turning into (Zombie like) crazies. It takes The Sheriff, his Daughter and a Vacationing Lawyer and a Hitch Hiker to sort it out. This was such a fun, fast paced Film with some great Action scenes.

As mentioned on the Arrow Thread, I managed to find the Hollywood DVD for really cheap and this was to test it out and TBH, I don't think, I actually need the Blu-Ray. The picture was pretty good and Nico Mastorakis seemingly is only talking about this Film and not a Documentary about his Films and that would have been the only Extra Feature, I would be interested in. It won't be long before I watch it again. This will be one of those go to Films, if I'm bored and want something easy to watch.

Oh yeah the Synopsis on The DVD cover gives away the entire Film, seems to be a regular occurrence as I believe that Island Of Death gave a detailed description.

Super Mario Bros

Based on the Computer Game, this sees Bob Hoskins and John Lezignamo as Mario and Luigi who attempt to save Princess Daisy (Samantha Mathis) from the evil King Koopa (Dennis Hopper) who wants to bring Dinosaurs back to the real world.

This was one of the few Films in the 90's that did the trifecta for me (Saw it at the Cinema, Rented it on Video and bought the Video) and as I was 12 at the time, I didn't pay attention to Reviews (Those were the days LOL) and I rather enjoyed it back then (As I only watched the Film, not knowing any controversies) and after re-watching it again, I didn't find it too bad, I believe that it isn't deserving of all the negative reviews)

Hey we all have that Film LOL (The one you don't understand that gets the hate)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vib.jpg (13.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg nan.jpg (12.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg smb.jpg (18.0 KB, 4 views)