View Single Post
Old 15th October 2022, 08:02 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 15

35145988_sa.jpg

Two females friends head into the woods camping with their husbands following behind . On the freeway the husbands truck starts running low on water and they have to pull in for repairs. The mechanic tells them they need a new radiator which takes a few hours to fit making them late for their trip. Foolishly with night fall not far off the women head in to the forest alone to set up camp. One of the women is killed by a hermit living in a cave in the forest and unknow to the men they end up spending the night in the cave with the hermit to shelter from a storm.

The film stars off well I loved the look and the acting was pretty decent with a couple of good kills right away I felt this was promising but things took a turn I didn't predict or enjoy. The ghosts of the hermits kids show up to help the the group survive their fathers lust for human flesh and the kids are annoying as hell of just their faces was enough to annoy me they tried something different with this slasher but it just didn't work for me. The kills even with a lot of camera cut away still feel brutal kill the killer really going for it but in the flash back where he is killing his wife's lover I did laugh first it's a knife then a saw them a sprong then there are some western bar fight breaking of chairs and finally a giant circle saw

The best thing about The Forest is the forest itself the scenery is absolutely beautiful but apart from that there is nothing great about this one and not one I'll return to. Awesome poster tho.