View Single Post
Old 25th October 2022, 01:03 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Terrifier 2 (2022)

I'm with Trebor and Nordy. Terrifier 2 is absolutely superb. For a film running well over two hours it never lets up, in fact i'd say it simply improves with each passing minute. Beginning like a continuation of Terrifier i thought this was going to be more of the same but it really isn't. It's not just brutality for brutality's sake there's a very enjoyable character driven story here too.

The characters are nicely written, in fact they are all excellent with strong performances all round. You don't hate anyone which means the brutality acted out on them by the brilliant Art the clown is all the stronger to stomach.

And what brutality. There's one kill on the hour mark, i could barely believe what i was seeing and i exclaimed out loud "F*ck me!" part way through it. It was like director / writer Damien Leone took all the sick shit from Fulci and classics like Maniac and then decided the viewer ain't seen nuthin' yet and ramped the violence up ten fold. There were stories that people in the US had to leave the cinema feeling ill and to be honest i can see why. Terrifier 2 is probably the most violent film that's ever played cinemas. What makes it palatable is the lack of sexual violence which is quite refreshing. Art isn't like that - well aside from repeatedly stabbing a guy in the balls then smearing the remains of his cock down a car window in which his terrified girlfriend screams - he just kills in ever more gruesome ways. There's certainly and artistry to Art.

There's humour here. Black twisted humour, even some genuine laugh out loud moments, but it's the way the story evolves that keeps the film enticing and involving.

Highly recommended. The best horror film in years and all done on a crowd funded budget of £250,000. Outstanding.
Just the tip