View Single Post
Old 18th March 2010, 04:00 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
The Wild Geese

Revisited these after Too Late The Hero, and it's hard to think of a more perfect film than this. It just seems to look better every time. Not a bad performance in it and it's sad to think that, of the main stars, only Roger Moore & Hardy Kruger are still with us.

Admittedly Joan Armourplating's theme song should have been sent to oblivion but why carp when everything else is so good (including a brief appearance by a short-skirted Suzanne Danielle). Would this film have worked with the originally cast Burt Lancaster (as Janders), Stephen Boyd (as the RSM) or Joseph Cotten (as Sir Edward)? No, I don't think so.

[spoiler]The death scenes of the main characters are also deeply moving. Especially Harris, Kruger (who drools a bit too much for my liking) & Jack Watson. Even the graphic stabbing of the heroic Kenneth Griffith is horrific and disturbing. The look on Burton's face as he holds the hand of the dead Limbani is sheer brilliance.[/spoiler]

Films like this are impossible to improve upon. It's what great movies are all about.
Words, took, out, my, right, the, mouth, of!!

Perfectly put!
And Griffith is a joy! "My my, look at the size of you big bastards"!

Quote:
Wild Geese II

Richard Burton died before making this (bet it was just an excuse)
LMAO!