View Single Post
Old 20th February 2023, 09:22 AM
Cult Addict

Ant Man & The Wasp : Quantumania. Peyton Reed. 2023.

Here we go again back into Marvel land. I'm a big fan of the Marvel film franchise, have been since the beginning, where I eagerly awaited each installment. Now, well Disney have overkilled it a bit for me.
I go into these films with wearier more sceptical eyes. Or I'm just an old git...possibly.
Anyway, Quantumania. The third in the Ant Man series sees Scott Lang's now grown up daughter Cassie (played by Kathryn Newton) invent a thingy in a basement. Like all boffin types in Marvel, time, space and resources are never an issue. Next thing we know said thingy has ripped open a portal to the quantum realm, previously explored briefly in the previous film and becoming hugely relevant to the central storyline of the Marvel universe.
This time it is revealed that Janet Van Dyne played by Michelle Pfiefer who had spent 40 years trapped in the quantum realm had conveniently failed to mention that there was a whole world down there with it own people. A people oppressed by the tyrannical power mad Kang the Conqueror.
Cue the usual Paul Rudd humour although I suppose with a more serious edge than before. Loads of effects, many a little ropier than usual. I enjoyed it a lot, its undemanding fun. The plot is absurd with further absurdities every few moments. Culminating in a huge battle that defies even its own internal logic repeatedly and unashamedly. If you don't mind this sort of thing then there's much to enjoy. Dem, stay well well away, the planet chucking is very much a thing here.

Last edited by J Harker; 20th February 2023 at 09:48 AM.