View Single Post
Old 12th March 2023, 03:17 PM
Cult Addict

Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 16.36.12.jpg

Watches over last week, Blood tide was written by the guy who made Island of Death and is set in Greece as usual, It starts of well and is quite engrossing, with James Earl Jones being a stand out, has vibes that reminded me of the nun, Lovecraftian film Dark Waters, so I was getting into it, but the end falls flat with a 2 second shot of the creature, shame.

Slumber Party Massacre has some decent characterisation for it's female victims and has amusing moments but the underdeveloped killer and his basic drill executions make it a very slight slasher that doesn't stand out for me.

I've been rewatching all the Universal Mummy films recently which after the Mummy's Hand took a dive in quality with Lon Chaney Jr 's version being a slow paced shuffling dullard, Yet the last 'serious' film Curse picked up and was pretty enjoyable.
So next I watched Abbott and Costello meet the Mummy which I enjoyed, their film ..meet the Killer features Karloff but was a jumbled mess and not half as enjoyable for me, but it had a few funny moments.

Transylvania 65000 was a film that's always been on my radar but i've never seen, wasn't missing much, Geena Davis turns up looking hot as a vampire type and Carol Kane had a few moments that amused me, but otherwise it was a dud.

download (68).jpeg

Class of 1999 is a vague sequel to class of 1984 by the same director, hadn't seen this since it hit VHS and was a very enjoyable mix of the aforementioned film and Terminator/ Robocop style goofiness, shit blows up.

Def con 4 was a first time watch, it starts with 3 people on a satellite watching on as the earth destroys itself in a nuclear war, (a really strong opening) then they return to earth and have to deal with the low budget mad max inspired leftovers of humanity, ultimately kinda goofy but I enjoyed this one.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 12th March 2023 at 04:04 PM.