View Single Post
Old 19th March 2023, 10:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dressed To Kill. 1980.

Brian De Palma springs into his element of delivering a intense, dreamy, erotically charged thriller, with Michael Caine as psychiatrist being stalked by a patient, Angie Dickenson as his over sexed patient who doesn't mind a bit of a backseat bunk up in a taxi with a fellow passenger while the taxi driver gets a free show. Nancy Allen as the high earning...lady that delivers a lot pleasure to men who witnesses a murder and Keith Gordon who seems like the unsurprisingly hero of the hour.

This was the first-time seeing this and it's one that I thought I'd never enjoy but surprisingly I did, a few good twists and turns that I wasn't expecting. Dennis Franz always seems to be a hot head in films and in this he is a bit more calmer playing the detective who gives out one or two surprise moments. After the murder we are thrown into the mystery of the blonde woman and second guessing as to who it is then its revealed and the answer why is a bit interesting. There is a unintentional or intentional funny moment with Nancy and Keith in a restraunt and a elderly lady eavesdropping on their conversation that you can only laugh at her expression.

large_b9RHUexTE6MT5x6iZ2Wmq56H1cJ.jpg