View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2023, 10:29 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Deadly_Manor.jpg

On a road trip for some fun at the lake a bunch of friends get lost after picking up a hitch hiker and decide to spend the night in an old abandoned mansion before setting out to find the lake the next morning but the only lake this crazy bunch will find is a lake of their own BLOOOOOOOOOD.

I got a good feeling from the start even with the terrible acting and even worse dialogue but that good feeling rapidly went away and what started out as entertaining just started to annoy me the acting keeps getting worse and the dialogue gets embarrassing. The first hour of the film absolutely nothing happens it's just them messing about in the house but once the kills start it's all done very fast but none of it is worth the wait every kill is the same grabbed from behind in the dark throat slit and stabbed in the chest. There is no proper onscreen kills just obviously blood in the blade trick and there is lots of blood but obviously thrown on them off screen so it's just boring.

The soundtrack is terrible too a real product of the 90s hard to explain but if you just heard the music without any knowledge of the film you would know within seconds it was just some generic 90s crap here's a cheap Casio keyboard just mash the keys... Perfect that will do cheers mate.

It's a pretty stunning looking blu ray and this film doesn't deserve this sort of treatment which always blows my mind that these sort of crap films get releases like this when so many great ones don't.

Absolute GARBAGE