View Single Post
Old 11th June 2023, 03:47 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

I bloody loved this.

Just listened to all 77 minutes of it. This is the Metallica album i would wish for. It's like a 'Best of' with all new songs. Anyone who likes Metallica from 83's Kill 'Em All to the faster stuff on 91's Black album, like The Struggle Within, should also love it.

Every song hit the spot with me, there wasn't a weak link in the chain. It's fast, it's furious, it's catchy and it's brilliantly produced with a huge crunching sound. I heard little bits of Metallica from throughout that 83-91 period. Penultimate song Room of Mirrors i was picking up Iron Maiden vibes in the solo harmonies and Volcano era Satyricon during the icy guitar slashes in the chorus.

Throughout the twelve songs i was constantly moving to the music, tapping my fingers, moving my feet and legs and headbanging in a minor pathetic way.

Although none of the songs have stayed with me in an ear worm fashion - Padam Padam it ain't - i've come away from it with a Cheshire cat grin and i'm ready to listen to it all again.

Oh, and there are no ballads!

You definitely sold this album the few tracks I have heard on YouTube I gotta say for the first time in a long long time with Metallica got me a bit excited. Im not crazy on the drums tho not sure if it's the sound or that they sound sort of basic definitely my only complaint from what I have heard.

Might be the first Metallica album Ill buy since St Anger