View Single Post
Old 17th June 2023, 02:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
BONES AND ALL – It took me a couple of goes to get into the director’s remake of ‘Suspiria’, but ‘Bones And All’ swept me away from the start. It’s about a young woman who, realising her particular ‘gift’ (cannibalism!) isn’t appreciated by society at large , hits the highway to make sense of life through encounters with fellow sufferers. Like its protagonist, the film slips between the cracks – is it a romance, horror, Americana-fixated road movie or an art-house riff on all of the above? It doesn’t matter when a film is this immersive, eerie, moving. Moves from ‘creep out’ to ‘tear jerking’ very swiftly, with maximum stealth; it has more scope and nuance than something like ‘Raw’, that other recentish high-end cannibal flick, and it has more blood and guts than Gregg Araki. I said ‘Enys Men’ was probably going to be my film of the year, but I hadn’t seen ‘Bones And All’ at the time. Another highest recommend.
The ending left me quite devastated, I really enjoyed this film! Excellent Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross soundtrack as well.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky