View Single Post
Old 19th June 2023, 06:57 AM
Cult Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
A Sunday delivery. Was on the fence about buying the box set or waiting for the individual releases later and with some very gentle persuasion from Demdike here it is and I’m glad I didn’t wait. It’s a lovely looking box set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Really wanted this myself but didn't have a clue about any of the films so held off its a beauty tho looking at those pics.
Quote:
I'll wait for both of your takes before I drop €70 on this.
Quote:
Thing will be out of print think I'll pick it up next weekend
The review from DVD Compare
"This superb set is easily one of the sets of the year as far as I'm concerned. These four films (hopefully with more to come!) are appearing on BD for the first time in the UK (and are worldwide premieres as well) and are strongly recommended to fans of horror, fans of Universal and Hammer horror films ... they can more than hold their own against those more well known items. Image and sound are excellent, the extras superb and provide plenty of contextual added value. The only caveat is that Frank Coleman's excellent commentary on the 2009 Casa Negra Brainiac DVD hasn't been ported over. Of the films conventionally the weakest and silliest (but also the most fun) is The Brainiac. It's the one with the highest profile in English-speaking territories; the others are all great, more conventional examples of gothic horror cinema.

Transform yourself into your creature of choice and fly, run, swim or teleport to the nearest website and get this set ordered and on it's way to you soonest! Highly recommended!"
The Film: B-
Video: A
Audio: B+
Extras: A+
Overall: A

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty