View Single Post
Old 19th June 2023, 09:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Bangkok Adrenaline

4 tourists in Bangkok fall foul of a Gangster after running up a Gambling Debt and to pay it off, they kidnap the Step-Daughter of a Millionaire Crime Boss but he wants her dead himself. After he re-abducts her, they team up with her Bodyguards to save her.

This is similar to District 13 and whilst at the beginning, I didn't like the main characters (They were complete jerks, 1 of them told the Crime Boss that he forgot to break a finger of another Debtor) I warmed up to them when they actually became the heroes. The script and acting isn't the best but it certainly delivers on the Action and Parkor scenes and that is why I bought it for a quid at CEX and after a shift at work, it was a nice and easy film to watch with there being some humor and a short 88 minute running time. It will go on the list of films to watch when it's hot and want a no-brainer.

American Dragon

A Hong Kong Cop retires and goes to New York but is spotted by an enemy Triad Gang and therefore has to team up with the NYPD to stop them. It's one of those that it was ok and has a great shootout at a Police Station but for me it seemed slow which was a shame because it was nearly a good Action Flick. The M.I.A DVD cover was different to the VHS Rental and I actually recognize the cover.

21 Jump Street

Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill go undercover at a High School to investigate a Drugs Ring. Ice Cube is great as the Police Captain with the angry disdain look and it also co-stars Brie Larson and Dave Franco. It's one of those that should have been much better with the potential it had.

Con Air

Don't think I need to go over the plot for this one, one of the great 90's Action Movies with those Action Stars, John Malkovich, John Cusack and Steve Buscemi and a well known LeAnn Rimes Ballad LOL. All kidding aside, I love this Movie, would really like a loaded Blu-Ray release with plenty of Extras.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ba.jpg (12.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg ad.jpg (12.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 21js.jpg (13.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg ca.jpg (12.5 KB, 1 views)