View Single Post
Old 20th June 2023, 08:34 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
OLD – M N Shyamalan’s concept horror about holidaymakers trapped on a mysterious beach. Had high hopes for the nice air of foreboding that settled in early on; it seemed to blossom in the first half hour or so, which felt quite eerie and full of well-orchestrated discord. But then it all went to shit. We’re given some quite ludicrous scenes – someone getting pregnant and giving birth in a matter of minutes, people gurning a lot when they’re supposedly going mad etc All of that was still fun in a way, but… it felt like a wrong turn. Got a bit of entertainment, but I doubt I’ll see it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
This has been on my watch pile for the last week, my neighbour says it was the best Shyamalan's best movie until he mentioned it was on his top 5 movies along with The Village, that put me off watching it.
I thought Old was pretty good, definitely a level above The Village, and it's a film that I've been meaning to rewatch for a while.

If you have a Netflix account then it is worth streaming. This may be a weird way to recommend a film, but it should provide enough weirdness to be interesting and wouldn't be a complete waste of 108 minutes.