View Single Post
Old 1st July 2023, 02:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Hobo With A Shotgun. 2011.

Rutger Hauer plays the hobo who arrives in a small town with dreams of buying a lawnmower and starting up a business only to cross paths with a gangster, his two sadistic sons and corrupt police and decides to buy a shotgun and go on a vigilante hunt. Hauer had a great career in films and does make you wonder why he did this, was it done out of pure fun and something different. Certainly a throwback to he 80s with the cameras that used vhs tapes, a good opening score taken from Mark of The Devil and Cannibal Holocaust, I'm sure the end song was from the cartoon The Raccoons. It has plenty gore, bloodsplatter and our hero taking a time out to give a speech to a few new born babies.

Attachment 246880
Like the film but I still find the fact that the villains were able to set fire to a busload of Children without no one calling outside law enforcement help quite unrealistic. I'm guessing that they are so scared of The Drakes.

And whilst I can't remember the names, the supernatural characters that showed up at the end, didn't really fit and took me out of it.