View Single Post
Old 17th July 2023, 07:55 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

download.jpg

After the Guardians are attacked by an unknown very dangerous but quite well spoken and polite golden man his failed attempt to kidnapp Rocket leaves the gaurdians devastated as Rocket is left fighting for his life. Inside Rockets chest they find a kill switch that is stopping them from saving him and the only way to deactivate it is to go to the place Rocket came from to get the code.

I don't watch many superhero films but I do love the Gaurdians it has it all genuinely funny and the dynamic between the characters is spot on you just believe they are family and love each other and visually these films have always been amazing and with chapter 3 they really push the visuals into the stratosphere it looks absolutely crazy. There are so many different creatures and the places they visit are all mind blowing honestly at stages I felt like I was in some sort of strange psyadelic dream.

As with the first two films the acting is excellent keeping that strong bond going between the characters and keeping the humour flowing especially Drax without doubt my favourite character in the Gaurdians sadly this was Dave Batista's last one.

It's not all sunshine rainbows and blowing sh!t up there is a real gloomy feel to most of the film with Rockets origin story giving a lump in the throat every single time there is a flash back it doesn't ruin the film but it's makes it a different experience for sure.

The soundtrack is pretty great but a couple of more recent songs didn't do it for me but maybe that's just me.

My only real complaint was Sly Stallone is only in two scenes just a waste he could of been funny.