View Single Post
Old 20th July 2023, 05:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 247122

Struggling to find the proper sound for their 10th album Dave and Co head off to a house up in the hills that was the scene of a serious of gruesome murders of the last band that tried to record there. Haunted cursed or what ever who cares because you will never get that drum sound again anywhere else. Struggling from writer's block Dave wonders the house looking for inspiration when he discovers a secret room under the house he may pay for a new found creativity with his soul.

When this was announced I was not overly interested until I saw a clip with Lionel Richie and I was sold instantly Honestly I don't think I have heard the F word so many times in one film since the 90s especially Dave it's like every second word and that just the first 10 minutes

There are plenty of laughs and some brilliant over the top gore and a few amazing cameos like the already mentioned Lionel Richie John Carpenter who also performs the soundtrack and Kerry King as the band Drum Tech the film also feature Whitney Cummins the stand up comedian who I'm not really a fan of but she was ok here. I'm not the biggest Foo Fighters fan but I have loved Dave since the Nirvana days he has a great passion for music and he is always a good laugh in interviews. Even if your not a Foos fan you can enjoy this none of their music is in the film at all well two intro riffs Dave plays but that's for comedic value

The Foo Fighters themselves do a great job with the acting well Pat Smear is a little ropey but he almost looks embarrassed to be in a film so the performance is very genuine and for that I can't criticise it at all.

Studio 666 is honestly fun but at 1- 45 I think it was a little long if they trimmed it back to a 90 minutes film it would of flowed a little bit better cause a couple of bits do drag ever so slightly. You have to take into consideration that this is a rock band making a film so that's where your expectations should be going in and who knows like me you may be pleasently surprised and get a kick out of it .

Pearl Jam high 5 Jeremy has Spoken
Must admit all the swearing got monotonous and started to take away from the movie.

I wonder if this will receive a physical release. I think it was scheduled, then Taylor Hawkins tragically died, it's been on Sky Cinema recently, so it's not on a streaming service