View Single Post
Old 21st July 2023, 09:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Renfield

Nicholas Hoult is Dracula's much put upon Servant and he tries to get away from the toxic relationship with a Support Group and a Cop played by Awkwafina but Dracula is too demanding and egotistical to let him walk away.

This is my Film of the year, it is so enjoyable with great performances from Hoult and Awkwafina but it's Nicholas Cage that steals the show. Some say it's too OTT, but I say that it needed to be. Funny, gory and short, I certainly see it having many viewings. It's one of those I'm watching something else but want to see this again even though I've very recently seen it.

It flopped during it's Cinema Run but I hope it gets popular on Physical release and streaming.

The Hunt

A group of strangers are kidnapped and then hunted by wealthy people but Betty Gilpin fights back. Was disappointed when I first saw it due to me over hyping it and whilst I enjoyed it more this time around, it isn't as clever as it thinks it is and Gilpin's Character isn't really that likeable.

I did like the swerves at the beginning where the people you recognize and think are the main good guys get killed off early on.

Moneyball

Brad Pitt is the GM of a lower end MLB Baseball team and has to put together a winning team on the lowest budget with players that other teams don't want. Jonah Hill plays his Assistant.

I really like this Film, you don't have to understand Baseball to enjoy this Film and it's easy to follow as well. Chris Pratt also co-stars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r.jpg (11.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg th.jpg (13.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg m.jpg (10.6 KB, 2 views)