View Single Post
Old 28th July 2023, 09:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A Time To Kill

Samuel L. Jackson murders the people who raped and tried to kill his Daughter whilst in Court and it's up to his Lawyer Matthew McConaughey to not only defend him but save him from Death Row. He is assisted by Sandra Bullock and Oliver Platt as well as his Mentor played by Donald Sutherland. However as it is in Mississippi, they have to deal with the return of the KKK lead by Kiefer Sutherland. Kevin Spacey, Charles Dutton, Ashley Judd and Chris Cooper co-star as well as an early appearance from Octavia Spencer.

This is an incredible Movie, even though its near 2 and half hours, it is fast paced with hardly any lulls nor drags on. The performances are incredible and it's a star making performance from McConaughey.

Cujo

A Saint Bernard Dog is bitten by a rabid Bat and turns into a crazed animal and ends up trapping a Mother and Child in Car after killing some people. Done in 1983, the F/X were practical and more realistic but there's only 3 kills but it focuses on the tension. It is a good film but there is definitely some lulls and it does take it's time also.

Mind you, the kid was annoying and getting on my nerves so I was rooting for the Dog.

The Bite

After a experiment goes wrong, a man is bitten by a Radioactive Snake and his arm slowly turns into a Snake. His Girlfriend, Sheriff and a Traveling Salesman try to stop him. This is quite an enjoyable little Film, well worth watching. Jamie Farr is rather funny as the Travelling Salesman who is able to get help from a bunch of Truckers.

When this got announced, I looked up The Bite VHS Cover and recognized it, so I have no idea why 88 Films gave it The Curse II moniker. Luckily I knew that it wasn't a legit sequel but anyone not in the know would just look passed it due to The Curse not being readily available in Physical Form in the UK.

I've used the original Artwork for this Film and won't call it The Curse II. The Bite with it's original Artwork is more enticing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg attk.jpg (13.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg c.jpg (16.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg tb.jpg (11.4 KB, 3 views)