View Single Post
Old 8th August 2023, 09:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Bullet Train (2022)

David Leitch's film about an assassin called Lady Bug and played by Brad Pitt who is assigned by his handler to retrieve a suit case from Japan's famed Bullet Train. However unbeknown to Lady Bug several other assassins are also aboard the train with differing objectives.

A film that really caught me by surprise. I really wasn't expecting this. I knew it was an action comedy but this almost takes that definition to new levels. It's like a cross between Leitch's own Deadpool 2 with it's brilliantly clever dialogue, a Guy Ritchie ensemble gangster thriller with all it's twists and turns and incredible action and shoot outs right out of Ben Wheatley's awesome Free Fire.

Story strands crash into each other throughout and it's thanks to it's marvelously creative characters, including the Thomas the Tank Engine adoring Brian Tyree Henry and Aaron Taylor-Johnson as British hitmen (Definitely the Ritchie influence) and Joey King's terrifying school girl like assassin who manipulates one and all, that it all holds together so fluidly and entertains so much. Oh and yeah, Brad Pitt's was born for roles like this.

If there's one complaint it's possibly too long at 126 minutes but there's definitely enough going on in this wild and wonderful movie to ignore that.

MrBarlow sent me this a few weeks ago. He mustn't have been that impressed. Crazy guy I loved it though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Bullet_Train_(poster).jpeg (37.4 KB, 3 views)