View Single Post
Old 12th August 2023, 03:07 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It harks back to the initial death of the girl dying in flames so no doubt the demon made her do it. She was pretty weak willed i thought. It's not explained either way. However Lamont almost succumbs to it as well so, yeah that's my theory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Sharon's death isn't properly explained and doesn't make much narrative sense, but I think Demdike is right that it's a call back to the beginning of the film where the exorcism goes awry, and Sharon is targeted by Pazuzu as a way of getting to Father Lamont and/or Regan.

When I first saw Exorcist II, I tried to keep an open mind and wanted to like it, but I just thought it was silly, a film with a poor script, bad direction, jarring music (a rare misstep by Ennio Morricone) and unconvincing effort.

Like Demoncrat, I can only watch it as a comedy, a film with laughable dialogue, and where the sight of James Earl Jones dressed as a giant locust adds to the hilarity.
Certainly interesting thoughts on Sharon being weak willed and being targeted by Pazuzu. Thank you gentlement.