View Single Post
Old 14th August 2023, 07:24 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Devil Hunter (1980)

Following the kidnapping of a famous screen siren a couple of army veterans set out into the South American jungles to bring her back but soon have to contend with cannibals and their weird deity as well as the kidnappers.

Al Cliver is in genuine heroic leading man form in this dubious effort from Jess Franco which lacks anything in the way of political correctness (Thank God). It's a riot of dire dubbing and daft antics chock full of nudity with a naked ping pong ball eyed cannibal dude at the center of it all.

It's certainly sleazy and quite camp with it yet for all it's wonkiness it looks quite beautiful with some gorgeous locations and cinematography to match... when Franco isn't zooming his lens into tribe girls arses that is.

Devil Hunter is one of those Franco films that i just cannot dislike. It's seriously flawed and practically impossible to critically analyze but great fun so just sit back and go along for the ride.
I genuinely like this film. It is utterly bizarre when the character has a ptsd flash back to Vietnam. One other thing I like about Jess Franco is the beautiful crumpet that are always nude.