View Single Post
Old 26th August 2023, 11:05 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post

THE SIGNAL – Society collapses when a strange television signal transforms its audience into a violent horde – three people give their perspectives. I remember watching ‘The Signal’, a lively mid noughties portmanteau effort, on a really cheap DVD back in the day and feeling quite impressed. Its three overlapping tales are essentially based on the age-old theme of zombie apocalypse, but it’s pulled off with an indie brio that plays with quite severe tonal swerves (i.e., from the kind of brutal scrabble we’re used to seeing to borderline sketch show stuff about a dinner party going wrong) and makes them work, so the effect is quite original. Worth a watch; my previous impressions were confirmed by this latest viewing, this time of a really cheap blu-ray.
I must return to this. Seen it a couple of times in the past but not for years. It's always a joy rediscovering these films. You have to make an effort to see them as the head always draws me to more celebrated movies when i fancy something from years gone by.