Old 30th August 2023, 01:43 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Celebrity Masterchef.

It was quite stressful watching the two teams of four celebrities having to come up with 100 meals for the workforce of the the Beamish Museum - a living museum that brings the history of the North East to life.

I'm done with cooking that was hard to watch. Takeaways and ready meals from now on for me.
I went to Beamish many times when I was younger but haven't been for over 20 years.

I remember it being a really interesting place and a great way of learning about how we used to live and work – I have fond memories of the mine, school, and grocery shop. It is well worth visiting if you are holidaying in the Northumbria region, or even a day trip.

I have been watching The Last of Us, a variation on The Walking Dead-like survivalist horror with an infection causing people to turn into flesh-eating 'zombies' when they die.

I have nearly finished the first season and am really enjoying it. The central performances from Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsay (both famous from Game of Thrones) are very good, and there is a beautiful episode midway through the season featuring Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation's Ron Swanson), probably the standout episode so far.