View Single Post
Old 29th September 2023, 09:48 AM
Cultist

Good stuff arrived in the last couple of days!

Madhouse (1974) with Vincent Price and Peter Cushing -- what could be better? Well... Price, Cushing and Lee, pls see below. Oddly, hadn't upgraded it Blu-ray yet and the Del Valle commentary may be interesting.

Scream and Scream Again (1970) is a triple treat: Lee, Price and Cushing! The new Radiance edition promises a new transfer, and there is an absolute abundance of extras to dive into.

Raumpatrouille Orion (1964) was one of my favourite TV series when I was a kid, along with Space 1999, Star Trek, Tomorrow People and Blake's 7. Amazon described it with English subtitles, but I couldn't find any, so it's basically useless as I don't speak German (my German is enough only to navigate a stamp catalog). Also the package was open and the discs loose and had the odd scratch. A mess! Requested a refund, which they gave me, with no need to return the DVDs, so it was basically free.

El Juramento del Corsario Negro (1976), or The Black Corsair is another treat from my childhood. I read all the Salgari books and there was even a trading cards collection based on the film, which I still have. Watched it yesterday and aged quite well, it's still a wonderful adventure. Kabir Bedi is the perfect Sandokan and the perfect Corsaro Nero. I wish they had filmed more of the books!
This Spanish edition has the Spanish & Italian audio, with English subtitles. I know there is an English audio version, and maybe someone will remaster the English version any day soon. But it's not very likely...

Thank you for reading!

Last edited by Nuno_Miranda; 29th September 2023 at 11:56 AM.