View Single Post
Old 1st October 2023, 01:39 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days of Unseen Horror

Day 1

MV5BMmZjNzZiMjYtNjdkOC00NTkxLTk2M2YtYzhlZDBiZWVmYjEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Dr Paul Steiner is working on an experiment that transfers matter from one place to another using a laser technic but the higher ups in the science community are determined for him to fail. At first it's objects that are involved in the experiments then animals but when he finds out his lab will be getting shut down Dr Steiner takes a drastic step to use himself in the experiment to prove that he has been successful and people will have to recognise his genius.

I had never heard of this one before and when getting the poster artwork I saw on IMDB that it got a 3 score luckily I don't worry about reviews because this was a really fun film. The acting is brilliant and yes it's a cliche story experiments gone wrong and all that but it's still an interesting story that is pretty simple with no real over the top science talk but it's not dumbed down in anyway and it always keeps you gripped. The only thing I found a bit off was when explaining to the detective about what they believed to have happened to Steiner he didn't even doubt it for a second he just went along with it and agreed never thinking what the hell are you talking about people transporting themselves around the place

At times the make up is crude but it still looks great and is fairly effective generally especially on Dr Steiner. There isn't any blood shed just plenty of people getting electrocuted and burned which Ill leave you find our yourself how that happens if you ever get the chance to watch it but I loved how they implemented that.

Really enjoyable fast paced British sci-fi horror a great start to the month fingers crossed this is the first of many great films.

Well worth a watch and it's on YouTube if you can handle all the bloody ads.

Last edited by Nordicdusk; 1st October 2023 at 03:27 PM.