View Single Post
Old 5th October 2023, 03:37 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
October 2023 so far -

1. No One Will Save You (Disney+) - first time watch - my attention was drawn to this when Stephen King tweeted his approval. It’s an interesting one - zero dialogue other than the occasional noise to indicate mood or shock (or screaming). It begins like a home invasion story involving aliens, pacing fairly quickly but then climaxing the tension too soon by allowing you to see the alien too early. Then it changes direction and it more of a slower paced dread builder. Worth a watch.

2. The Greasy Strangler - I love this film and I enjoy sticking it on now and again just so I can refresh my memory on the infinitely quotable, mostly NFSW, bits of dialogue. Recommended if you enjoy off the wall bits of madness.

3. Cujo - first time watch - Mrs Funster isn’t a fan of horror at all, but she and I are both big fans of creature features (and will pretty much watch anything with Sharks in it). For some reason or another she’s always been resistant to watching Cujo. The film must have too much of a terrifying reputation for her to want to risk it! I hadn’t seen it before and I enjoyed the bat attack and progression of the dogs symptoms. I’m left wondering how accurate it would be to a real life rabies case! [emoji23] I’ll end up on the Wikipedia wormhole soon. The actor playing the wee boy was great! All the freaking out and screaming, then the seizures and stuff - all looked spot on. Reminded me of the young lad from The Babadook.

4. Lover’s Lane - first time watch - I’d heard horrible things about this movie but was super keen to see it. I’m a sucker for the cover artwork - I *always* judge a book by its cover, so to speak [emoji23] I really enjoyed this. I think I had a smile on my face for the whole film. It was like American Pie crossed with Scream with a little bit of That 70s Show thrown in (“Michael! Michael! Michael!). Some good kill scenes and some good fun cliched characters and dialogue. I’ll be watching it again, no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greasy Strangler is amazing the exchange with Oinker and his new shoes and that Michael Jackson story cracks me up every time I watch it and I have watched it many times