View Single Post
Old 7th October 2023, 10:21 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default October 6th (2)

The Fog (1980)

The Fog is one of my top ten horror films and also ranks highly in my choice of favourite films of all time. I watch it at least once a year sometime in October and when i remember on the 21st of April too.

Despite knowing it so well i'm still able to pick out new points of interest with each viewing.

Jamie Lee Curtis plays a character called Elisabeth Solley, one scene in particular made me wonder if this wasn't really her name and it was in fact Laurie Strode, who was hitching her way to the sunny climes of the Californian coast to get away from her past in Haddonfield, Illinois.

Don't be daft i hear you cry. Yet this one brief sequence perhaps alludes to this theory when she and Tom Atkins character Nick Castle (Lol) are having a quiet chat, she says.

"Ever since you picked me up things have been going wrong". "Things seem to happen to me... I'm bad luck"

What things are these one wonders? Being chased about on Halloween by a madman with a large kitchen knife? Maybe, who knows.

On that little note i'll leave you with some music as the witching hour approaches and if you've time for one more story -

The Sounds of the Surf From Antonio Bay. KAB 1340.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1317 (Large).JPG (56.5 KB, 7 views)