View Single Post
Old 8th October 2023, 01:11 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days of Unseen Horror

Day 7

MV5BNTM4MzM1NTg5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzMzNjM1NA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

After the tragedy of losing an unborn child Emily and Nate Weaver move to the countryside to live in Nate's ansectrial home leaving behind the trauma and hoping for a clean fresh start. Not long after settling in Emily falls pregnant again and while she is still scared senseless she is over the moon but strangely Nate doesn't appear to share her joy maybe he is just worried something will go wrong himself or is there something else going on. With Nate's work taking up more and more of his time Emily spends a lot more time alone at home and strange things start to happen around the house and she starts to uncover the dark secrets of the Weaver families past.

I wasn't expecting much from this going in so how could it manage to let me down well it did. I know it's impossible to find anything new or original with these sort of haunted house films but this was just plain boring it had zero tension zero atmosphere and zero interesting things happening. At the beginning I felt the acting was solid but as the film goes on the a ting just got worse it was very stiff and the dialogue wasn't delivered naturally I mean some of the actors were decent but their lines were just bad so that just made any half decent performance seem awful. Also a major thing I hated was the way they divided it up into chapters of sorts the screen would go black and then THE REGROWTH or some rubbish would come up on the screen completely pointless I just couldn't see the logic behind it a terrible choice adding that.

Ita not a terrible film in that I didn't turn it off and it didn't make me angry watching it but it's a boring film that I couldn't recommend.

Last night it felt like a good idea to add a newer film into the mix well it wasn't. A newer film yeah from 2010 you get what I mean.

I'm going to throw that blu ray in the bin now.