View Single Post
Old 8th October 2023, 03:24 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
House Of 1000 Corpses. 2003.

Writer/director Rob Zombie's music has always had a kind of comic book/horror movie sensibility which he translates into his screen project, a tribute to the pioneering take-no-prisoners classics of the 1970's like "The Hills Have Eyes" and "Texas Chainsaw Massacre," in fact a prominent role is played by Bill Moseley of "TCM II."

Right at the start we are introduced to gas station attendant Captain Spaulding and his side attraction and very sarcastic which adds in the comedy before we get to the house of horror. The effects of the film, they were all done practical and looked amazing. The blood looks real. We see some of the damage that is done to characters, but it is edited in a way where it does cut away so we fill in to make it worse. The look of the characters as they are just tortured and beaten looks great. I thought the look of Otis played by Bill Moseley was great too. He looks to be albino, but he is so dirty that is kind of hard to tell if he is being serious, flirty or both. Karen Black plays the mother of the clan that is friendly and sadistic at the same time and Sherrie Moon as the blinde angelic looking who lures the unsuspecting victims to the house of horror and never shy's away from showing how tormenting she can be.

Attachment 248247
This will forever be one of my favourite films I love every single little thing about it music look characters the violence the complete madness of it all pure brilliance.