View Single Post
Old 9th October 2023, 10:01 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days of Unseen Horror

Day 8

MV5BNGRiZmRkNzQtNmNkMC00ZjQxLWFlZTctN2Y4ZWJlZmM3ZTQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3MDk2NDg2._V1_.jpg

Zeke Banks is an undercover cop with a turbulent history with his fellow police officers after he exposed a corrupt cop something the rest of the force won't let him forget. Zeke and his new partner are sent to investigate a homeless man hit by a train but when they arrive at the scene clues are left to indicate this is no homeless bum but a cop. Back at the preceint Zeke receives a package with a usb stick that has a video from a Jigsaw copycat but this time they are targeting crooked cops.

Spiral is a mixed bag its a good cop thriller for the most part but there are so many cop film cliches it hurts from the usual veteran cop who is forced to partner up with a rookie and at first treats his partner like shit but slowly warms to him and the cliche " hey ! Good job today partner " bs .

The gore and traps are the usual Saw awesomeness I loved them all and I was asking myself what would I do in the situation. The voice of spiral or what ever is name was I can't remember if they said but anyway the voice was terrible it didn't create tension or fear just made me want to laugh when he said wanna play a game just no conviction is the voice and not commanding your attention.

Chris Rock is a terrible actor it's shocking he is supposed to be this tough rookie cop but you don't believe it for a second and when he is angry or trying to stand up to the other cops he comes across goofy instead of a guy to be feared. Sam Jackson on the other hand is great as always he really is the stand out performance sadly he isn't in many scenes the film could really have benefited from his presence.

Overall it's enjoyable but extremely flawed.